- PhD, New York University, USA, Political Science, 2002
- MA, New York University, USA, Political Science, 1999
- BA (Hons), University of Melbourne, Australia, Politics, 1991
Employment - summary
- 2012-2021, Independent consultant specializing in governance (accountability, transparency, and fraud and corruption prevention). 20+ projects.
- 2017-2021, Environmental Governance Advisor—Ghana (multiple short-term inputs). Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Programme, EU-funded.
- 2006-2012, Senior Corruption Prevention Officer, Independent Commission Against Corruption, Sydney, Australia.
- 2004-2006, Policy & Research Analyst, Dept of Aboriginal Affairs, Sydney, Australia.
- 2003, Budget Advisor, Solomon Islands, Australian Aid-funded.
- 1995-2002, Graduate studies, New York University, USA.
- 1992-1994, Policy Officer, Australian Aid, Canberra.
International: East Timor Anti-Corruption Commission, European Union, GIZ-Germany, International Court of Justice, OECD, Tax Justice Network, Transparency International, USAID, U4 Anti-Corruption Research Center.
Australian: Australian Aid, Central Coast Council (New South Wales), NSW Dept of Environment & Heritage, NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption, Procure Group, The Ethics Centre.
Countries of experience
Australia, Burundi, Canada, DR Congo, East Timor, Ghana, Kyrgyzstan, Philippines, Rwanda, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Zimbabwe.
Professional qualifications and training
- Certified Fraud Examiner (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2021)
- Financial Secrecy Index—Analyst Training (Tax Justice Network, 2021)
- Governance of Climate Funding (Transparency International, 2020)
- Integrated Risk and Compliance Management (SAI Global, 2011)
- Performance Audit Training (Australian Council of Auditors General, 2010)
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement (ICAC, 2009)
- Board member, Mustard Seed Institute (agricultural social enterprise). Rwanda.
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, ACFE—Montreal Chapter, Canada.
- Member, Transparency International—Canada
- Chair, Sydney Development Circle (a network of international development practitioners, scholars and volunteers), 2016.